Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 9, 2008

I have gotten some very moving emails from women who responded to the reading and to the message of the book. It occurs to me that we are in need of healing in our society. We have had so much talk of war and now talk of a downward spiral in the economy. Isn’t there something good to discuss? My hope is that this book will ignite a spark of something positive to talk about among ourselves.

Here's an excerpt of one:

I checked out the book and I'm buying 3 copies - one for us, one for my sister, and one for my 12 year old niece! It looks wonderful. It comes at a great time, as I just had yet another long talk with S. about real beauty (she's always wishing for white skin....).
I think work like this is very important, and a must see for our girls. Even though our 7th grade girls are sheltered a lot from main-stream media , the disturbing and warped view of 'BEAUTY' in our culture is pervasive. The more we can empower their real sense of what true beauty is the stronger they will be in so many ways.
Thanks so much. L.M. 4/08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home