Tuesday, November 25, 2008

October 24, 25 San Francisco

On October 24 I was very pleased to meet with Amy Moon, writer at the San Francisco Chronicle. We spent about an hour in a small glass-walled conference room talking about This is Who I Am. Amy asked insightful questions and ended up writing a beautiful article about the book. Following that I went to KGO-TV, the ABC affiliate in San Francisco where I was on the afternoon program for six minutes. I hope that through all of this coverage that women are hearing the message about compassion. How wonderful to wake up in the morning and feel good about oneself—no matter what size or shape.

On Saturday evening, October 25 I had a reading at the venerable Book Passage in Corte Madera. There was a nice audience that included friends from the area and other faces that were new to me. I am always grateful when people come up to talk afterward. Everyone has a story and so much of who we are we keep hidden, feeling as if we are alone in our suffering. My deep hope is that This is Who I Am will help us connect with each other as we read essays by other women whose stories (or bodies) may be similar to our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home