Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Emily's New Lungs

Emily, the first young woman in my book, has had cystic fibrosis for her whole life. In the past few years she has become increasingly incapacitated by the disease. Finally, after several trips to Seattle for tests, she was put on the lung transplant list. On Monday, 2/16 she and her parents received the call to come to Seattle. They had to arrive within four hours. They left Eugene before 9:00 a.m. and by 12:30 she was in surgery. She is now in intensive care at the UW Medical Center and is apparently doing well. We wish her love and an excellent recovery. It will be long and difficult but Emily is tough and determined. Go Emily!!

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Hi Em, Keith and Peg. Keith, it was great to catch up with you at Eugene Hardware. I'm glad you gaver me this site to say "hi" on. Emily, you are so insirational, courageous, strong and beautiful! If only we could have a touch of you in us, our world would be a much better place to live in. I know you'll be fine. You have so much love and support around you! I think of you often, especially when I am taking our pup out for a walk near your place. I smile everytime I see those bumper stickers! Take care, kt

July 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home